Nothing smells better then the fresh aroma of a clean house. Freshen up your carpets with this simple recipe.
The baking soda will help to remove old odors and the herbal mixes will refresh the carpet fibers. Your carpet should hold the scent for 3 days before fading out.
- Using your mortar and pestle, crush your herbs/flowers/resins to release the fragrance. The amount of herbs you use is really up to you.
- Add your herbs to 1 cup of baking soda. If the baking soda has masked the aroma, you need more herbs. Your mixture should be very fragrant.
- Secure the lid on your container and SHAKE
WELL to mix the herbs and the baking soda. The mixture is most
effective when fully blended.
- Sprinkle onto carpets, by poring your mixture into an old sock and shaking gently
- Make sure to thoroughly covers the carpet area, but refrain from sprinkling it in excess.
- Allow the mixture to set for 15 to 30 minutes before vacuuming up.
NOTE: You can use various herbal combinations to suit your needs, this time of year you could even use pine, pumpkin spice, or an cinnamon/apple spice to make it smell like the holidays. There is also an added bonus cinnamon is a natural flea repellent that is safe for your pets!
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do, if you make it let me know if you like it.