April 30, 2013

Beltane/Mayday and Maypoles

With tomorrow being Beltane/Mayday, I wanted to show you my maypole and explain how it was made.



Making a Maypole 

What I Used

wooden dowel
round/wired necklace charm(about 2in around, for the wreath)
small closed end hook
5 different colored ribbons( for the pole)
pink/white ribbon (for the wreath)  
small glass jar,  painted and decorated
rice(uncooked) 

How I Made My Maypole

First, I tied the pink ribbon to the round necklace charm to make the wreath, I the used the closed end hook to attach it to the dowel. My next step was the thread the ribbons through the hook and wreath. Next I took a small sample size glass vodka bottle and painted and decorated it, I then added enough rice to the bottle to hold the dowel up straight. 

This is the Wreath/top of my Maypole.
This is the glass bottle I painted/decorated to use as the base.
(sry for the dust, I really hate my black counters LOL)
This is my finished Maypole.

If any of you have made Beltane crafts I would love to see them. 

I hope you all have a blessed Beltane.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Super sweet. HAPPY BELTANE )O(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Beltane to you too Joanna )O(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making this baby nest year!

    Blessed Beltane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo cute! I love it! We don't have any sort of maypole in the house... but this is totally do-able, and will have to bookmark for next year! Thanks for sharing with the PPBH!

    ReplyDelete