|Dough made and ornaments cut out and ready to bake,|
|Painted and ready to go to their new homes.|
Ingredients & Supplies:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup water
- cookie cutters
- paints and other decorative accessories
- yarn, twine or string for hanging
- Preheat the oven to 325º.
- Mix the flour and salt together in a large bowl.
- Add in half of the water, then gradually add in the remaining water.
- Kneed the dough until it is smooth (10 minutes or so).
- Roll out dough on baking paper to use with cookie cutters, or press the dough into various shapes. Get creative!
- Use a straw or toothpick to make a hole to hang the ornament once it’s finished.
- Bake the ornaments until hard and dry (about 45min – 1.5 hours, depending on the thickness of the ornament).
- Allow to cool.
- Decorate with paint, glitter, beads, buttons, feathers or any other fun accessories.
- If you want to preserve them for a long time,
allow all the paint and glue to dry and then coat with a clear